Remote Consultation Data and Storage Information
If you have a telephone or video consultation booked, please ensure you are aware of the following information:
- Video consultations are securely encrypted, however, it is your responsibility to ensure you have adequate anti-spyware and anti-virus protection on your hardware to prevent unauthorized eavesdropping.
- Please be aware that some personal information is stored locally on the computer /device being used, and you need to be aware of this, particularly if you are using a public or shared computer.
- If you are receiving on a mobile phone, please be aware that this is only as secure as any other phone call on that mobile network.
- No aspect of the consultation will be digitally recorded but medical outcomes from the consultation will be recorded and stored on the patient record.
- All phone calls are recorded but not stored in patients records unless a separate agreement is made.
- A telephone consultation is usually used in most cases before enabling videoing or accepting images in order to establish appropriate ground rules and consents.
- The consent of a patient is implied during a video call by the patient accepting the invitation and entering the video consultation.