You can order a repeat prescription by the following methods:
- Order online (the easiest and safest way) using our Request a Repeat Prescription triage – e.g., using GP online ordering process. To access the online services you will need to complete a short form and provide photographic identification. We will then issue you with a username and password.
- NHS App – Download the NHS App or open the NHS website in a web browser, to set up and login to your NHS account.
- Using your repeat slip – ticking the items you need and handing it into the practice or posting it to the practice.
- Using our new 4 weekly re-ordering service – when you collect your repeat medication, tick the items you require on your repeat slip and hand it straight back to the dispensary team. We will give you the date for when your next repeat prescription will be ready for collection.
- You can also request prescription online via our Medication Request form.
Whichever method you use to order your prescription/medication, you need to allow 2 working days before collection.
Telephone Calls to Dispensary
In order to provide you with a safe and efficient service, you can telephone the dispensary on 01531 822338 for urgent medication queries only. Telephone services are available from 09:00-10:00 and 15:00-16:00 only.
Please note this line is not for repeat medication requests.
Electronic Prescribing Service (EPS)
We offer the Electronic Prescribing Service to our non-dispensing patients (those patients who live within a mile of the surgery). This means that we are linked electronically with our local pharmacies as well as many other pharmacies around the country.
The service allows the transfer of your prescription details between the practice and your pharmacy once your request has been approved by your GP. This will save time in either collection by yourself from the surgery or waiting for the daily pharmacy collection service.
Please note that if you are a new patient to the practice and have previously signed up for the service in a different area you will need to let us know before you order a prescription to avoid it being sent to your last registered pharmacy.
Monday-Friday, 08:30 – 13:00 and 14:00 – 18:30.
Please note the dispensary is closed and there is no one available between 13:00 and 14:00.
You will only be allowed to collect your medication from our dispensary if you live outside a 1-mile radius of the practice. This is due to the current legal rules on GP dispensaries and is out of our control.
Any patient living within this radius will have to collect their prescription from the pharmacy in Newent or a pharmacy of their choice. Day Lewis pharmacy can be contacted on 01531 820 443.
Prescription Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
View the cost of prescriptions by visiting NHS: Prescription Charges.
You can also find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions by visiting NHS: Who Can Get Free Prescriptions.