Clinics and Services
We offer a range of services including the below. For more information, please visit our Health Review and Assessment Clinic Room.
Practice nurses are responsible for many treatments including the following:
- Chronic disease management
- Travel immunisations and advice (At times some vaccines are in short supply and the nurses will be able to give you advice if they are unable to vaccinate you.)
- Cervical smears
- Smoking cessation advice and support
- Dietary advice and support.
- Asthma and COPD clinics
- Baby immunisations
- Removal of stitches and changing of dressings
- Heart disease and stroke clinics
- Diabetic clinics
- Blood samples and other referrals, which your doctor may arrange.
The practice nurses are only available by appointment Monday – Friday. Please ask the receptionist for an appointment.
Ear irrigation is only available after following the appropriate guidance.
Other services available include:
- Phlebotomy service – Available each morning between 08:30 and 12:30, to take blood samples only, by appointment. Please ask at reception.
- Advanced Contraception Services – The practice offers a service to provide Long Acting Contraception (LARC). Please speak to reception who will arrange an appointment with a GP to discuss your options.
- Palliative Care – The district nurse team work together with the practice team within the guidelines of ‘The National Gold Standards Framework’ to ensure the highest standards of care for patients and their carers.
- Paediatric Physiotherapy – A qualified paediatric physiotherapist visits weekly to see patients who have been referred by their GP, health visitor or consultant.
- Mental Health Services – Visit the practice every week to see patients who have been referred by the doctors. This is by appointment only.
- Counselling Service – Gloucestershire Counselling Service have professionally trained and qualified counsellors available at the practice twice a week. They see clients by appointment only and on referral from a doctor. The NHS does not fund counselling and a charge of £15 per session is made, but this can be flexible according to your financial circumstances.
- Psychiatry – A consultant psychiatrist and Dr Seng Hoong Tan, consultant old age psychiatrist, hold clinics here for patients requiring psychiatric advice. These appointments are referral only.
Gloucestershire Wellbeing Helpline
Gloucestershire Wellbeing Helpline is launching from 1st April which will support adults living in Gloucestershire who are experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties, such as anxiety, low mood or depression, including support for self-harm. They can also provide support and information to friends, family, carers and professionals.
The Helpline is available 365 days a year between 14:00 and 21:00. People can contact the helpline by text telephone or webchat:
- Phone: 0808 801 0606
- Text: 07537 410 022