The practice is open Monday to Friday between 08:30 and 18:30. During these hours we have doctors available for appointments:
- In the morning 08:30 until 11:30
- In the afternoon 14:00 until 18:00
At Newent Doctors Practice we believe in continuity of care with all patients having their own GP. This means that your doctor will get to know you and be able to help you better. You must usually book with your own doctor, however if you need to see someone different please explain why to reception (for example, if you want to see a female or male doctor).
How to make an appointment
If you make an appointment via telephone, our reception team will ask you a couple of questions to ensure you are directed to the most appropriate health professional. Please be prepared to give brief details of your symptoms. There is no telephone access to the surgeries after 18:30.
On occasions your request may be dealt with without the need to speak to a doctor. The receptionist will explain how to contact the most appropriate professional, or will give clear guidance of how we are able to help you.
If you are not able to attend your appointment, you can either use our online form or telephone to cancel so that someone else can use it.
Monitoring and Reviewing our Appointments
We constantly monitor our appointments and try to be reactive, adding extra appointments as needed. All doctors offer appointments in the morning and in the afternoon, with most of these bookable up to eight weeks ahead.
- We have some appointments that can only be booked on the day or for the next day as we have found over time this seems to give the best balance. Please enquire at the practice for more information.
- If you cannot find a suitable appointment, you can arrange a telephone call with your GP. Your GP will assess the problem and provide appropriate treatment advice over the telephone or arrange an appointment for further assessment.
- We do offer some appointments that are kept for patients who need the support of ‘Dial a Ride’ services to attend the practice.
- All patients are encouraged to attend the practice if they are able to do so, however home visits are available if clinically appropriate.
- Each appointment is allocated for 10 minutes. In this time your doctor may not be able to deal with all you problems and may ask you to make a further appointment.
We continue to look at the numbers of doctors and staff required to deliver a good service to our patients.